Behind The Brand - Ann Mack (Eco Products) ... - Philus For Info Behind The Brand - Ann Mack (Eco Products) ... - Philus For Info

Philus For Info

News updates
  • Latest News

    Monday 2 March 2015

    Behind The Brand - Ann Mack (Eco Products) ...


    Please share a little about yourself and what inspired you to create this brand? I wanted the Eco conscious individual to be able to find great locally produced products under one roof.
    Natural fibre products, ethically made, community projects sometimes. I wanted to shine a light on the great talent that exists in this country, the products that are never seen as they don’t appear in any of the large retail outlets. I say no to cheap imports. Let’s buy local. South Africans make excellent quality imaginative products. I wanted people to see that.

    How would you describe your brand in a nutshell? Earth friendly products that Don’t Cost the Earth.

    What would you consider to be unique about your brand? Where else can you find handmade felt slippers , Karakul Calabashes, cotton percale sheets , handmade paper eco Cubes , Bamboo shawls, Basotho Blankets and mohair products under one roof? And that’s the tip of the iceberg.

    How many stores/branches do you have and where are they located?

    I have a virtual shop, an “on-line” shop . We do go out of our way to provide excellent service however with phone calls, follow-up and advice..We’re about providing a personal service.

    What ‘piece of advice’ would you most like to share with people considering a start -up business?

    Plan, strategize, know the market you wish to enter into to, know your strengths. Have a point of difference. Take your time and choose your service providers carefully especially your web designer.

    A bad one can cost you thousands. Ask me. Join a networking group in your area. I belong to Fine Women
    – the help and contacts made through the organization have proved invaluable.

    The challenge as a business is to stay authentic and true to your brand, how do you achieve this?

    My brand is about handmade, local, long lasting ,recycled Earth Friendly products. Any product wanting to be part of AnnMack Eco needs to fit this criteria. I am selective about what I sell , offering only original quality products, well-made by reliable ethical suppliers.

    What do you love most about being an entrepreneur? I am only limited by my imagination. If I can think it, I can surely do it.

    What has your journey so far taught you {about yourself or in general}? Has it changed your life in any way?

    I work a lot harder than ever before, averaging 10 hours a day at least. My journey has taught me that I still suck at admin :) but that I have a lot of stamina.

    How does the future look as far as ‘dreams and visions’ for your brand?

    Every week I find new fantastic local suppliers. So as far as the future looks, I guess it will be a case of just unearthing more of the little gems and treasures waiting to be discovered. I can’t wait!

    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: Behind The Brand - Ann Mack (Eco Products) ... Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Unknown
    Scroll to Top